Den här dagen var avsedd för att bygga en energieffektiv och rökfri spis på Singonhali Primary School.
Men till vår förvåning när vi anländer till skolan så är byggnaden som skall inrymma köket inte klart, taket var inte på plats och jordgolvet var inte torrt.
Onsdag 15 februari 2006 Det går inte att se på marken att det regnade igår kväll, och när vi kommer till Njiapanda kan vi se att inget regn har fallit utanför Mpwapwa som vi lämnade tidigt i morse för här är det fortfarande mycket torrt.Vi tillbringar ett antal kilometer i vår jeep innan vi når […]
The day I had the opportunity to count in Swahili using an Abacus
* Monday February 6th 2006 * This is the story when visiting Chinyika which took place in February 6th 2006, revisited again 17 days later… (about the revisit will be published later). We are leaving early in the morning at 06.30 as the car has been fixed and James from the NGO “MIGESADO” place himself […]
* Sunday February 5th, 2006 * Our first day off in the field. We are at the new Dodoma hotel and it was really nice not forced to get up early in the morning. A choir was singing standing on the stairs outside the hotel. Today we will have a relaxing day with writing reports, […]
* Saturday February 4th, 2006 * Positive news, we can travel to Chogola as planned, and we now change the plans again (flexibility you know) and will repair the car tomorrow instead at Dodoma. Originally, our plan was to go to Mtera and stay over night there as we have a job to execute in […]
* Friday February 3rd, 2006 * This is our first day out in the fields and we are strongly requested at all times to bring along the Emergency kit as well as the survival kit. The emergency kit includes plaster, bandage, sterile compresses, sterile needles and sutures, Malaria prophylaxes, etc. The survival kit should include: […]
* Thursday February 2nd, 2006 * Finally it is time to move out to the fields as we now have performed all the visits at authorities, agencies, etc. needed. We are heading to our first “camp” which is located in Mpwapwa, approximately 160 kilometers from Dodoma. During the way we can see how dry the […]
* Tuesday January 31st, 2006 * This is the day we are heading for Dodoma which we really are looking forward to after two weeks of extensive training, first week in Rome and second here in Dar. Every morning when entering the restaurant, we are welcomed by this charming girl, dressed in a traditional “Masai […]